Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Pantry Week

I started this blog well before CSA time so that I could work out all the kinks. The plan I’m working on for CSA season is to share late in the week the farmer’s guesstimate for what we’ll get and ask what people like to make with those items. Then over the weekend share the menu for the week. Finally, during the week I’ll let you know what we actually got from the farm, try out the recipes and let you know how it goes.

I thought I’d practice by blogging my way through a week’s menu. But it needs some sort of catch, right? Okay…I’m going to try and not go to the grocery store, only stock up at the farmer’s market, and use the ingredients we already have on hand. Basically I need to use those things I’ve collected in my freezer and on my pantry shelves.

The menu…

Sunday - Mac and Cheese was requested for our invite to my aunt and uncle’s
Monday – Chicken Meatball and Ditalini Soup, Carrots (sticks for the kids and cooked with sage for us), Sweet Potato Chipotle Gratin
Tuesday – Fajita Steak Chili, Cheese Quesadillas, Sweet Potato Fries
Wednesday – BBQ Chicken, Crisp Roasted Potatoes with Celeriac, Broccoli
Thursday – Fish with Sorrel Pesto, Saffron Rice, Scalloped Turnips
Friday – Pizza and Salad
Saturday – Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment